On 2007-03-06 13:39:53 +0100, Johannes Gritsch wrote:
> Looks as if gcc gets some parameters it does not understand. Is +b a
> parameter for the native C-Compiler
> for HPUX?

Its an option for the HP-UX linker:

           +b path_list   Specify a colon-separated list of directories
                          (embedded path) to be searched at program run-time
                          to locate shared libraries needed by the
                          executable output file that were specified with
                          either the -l or -l: option.

> This would mean that somewhere the system still tries to use
> HPUX cc and not gcc.

Maybe the Makefiles supplied by Oracle. I notice other HP-UX cc specific
options in other parts which look like the come from Oracle, too (I have
to admit that I didn't really try to check which part of Paula's output
comes from which part of the build system).

I have only ever built DBD::Oracle with HP's ANSI C compiler. If that is
available, I suggest compiling a recent version of perl with that from
scratch and then use that. (And read the README file! You to configure
perl in a non-standard way on HP-UX to get DBD::Oracle working ).

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | If I wanted to be "academically correct",
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | I'd be programming in Java.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- Jesse Erlbaum on dbi-users