To: <DBI-USERS@PERL.ORG>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 12:51 PM
Subject: DBI AND DBD-ORACLE

Hi Tim,

Just have some questions on how to uninstall/reinstall DBI and
DBD-Oracle.  I typed uninst DBI and got an error message.  I was able to
uninstall DBD-Oracle successfully and tried to reinstall but got another
error message.

This is the error message when I tried to reinstall DBD-Oracle:

Can't remove directory C:\TEMP/DBD-Oracle-1-3104-1177690420:  Permission
denied at c:\Perl/site/lib/PPM/Reposity.pm line 243

Error:  (un)install script failed: 'C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe install_script'

This is the error message when I tried to uninstall DBI:

Unlink C:\Perl\bin\dbiprof

Error:  Cannot foreceunlink C:\Perl\bin\dbiprof: No such file or
directory

At C:\Perl\site\lib\ppm-conf\ppminst.bat line 129

What happened initially was I installed ActivePerl first then ORACLE and
I was having problem connecting to ORACLE I was getting DBI
CONNECT('','[EMAIL PROTECTED]','...')FAILED: ORA-12705: CANNOT ACCESS NLS
DATA FILE OR INVALID ENVIRONMENT SPECIFIED. <DBD ERROR: OCISESSIONBEGIN>
AT GET_
PKG.PL LINE 26
UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DWH

I figure if I uninstall PERL and reinstall it (including the DBI and
DBD-Oracle, it might solve my problem above.  But now I'm getting into
more problems than I can handle.  Can you please help me clean
everything up by uninstalling PERL, DBI and DBD-Oracle then reinstall
them again?

Cynthia C. Manzanares 650-579-5044 Training Information Warehouse http://tiw.sbc.com