Hi,

    Can you please  clarify my doubts regarding DBI perl module used for
database connection.

In my environment I am using single module to prepare and execute the sql
queries. The sql query can have bind variables or they may not have. In order
to improve performance i used prepare() and execute() sequence for the queries.

Recently I am facing a issue. When i prepare a query with bind variables and
pass the bind variables in execute() method it works fine, but second time if i
invoke without passing bind variables it returns the previous query results and
it is not throwing the error:

DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-01008: not all variables bound (DBD ERROR:
OCIStmtExecute) [for Statement "

Which i believe is the expected behaviour since i should pass bind variables
without which the query should fail. How come the execute functions fine
without bind variables in the second/multiple query runs.

Is there a way to solve this issue other that re preparing the query ?.

Tried searching on Web regarding this issue but couldn't find any discussion on
this.

Thanks,
Ramesh

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.