On Fri, 25 May 2007, H.Merijn Brand wrote:

I have been digging a bit to find what people consider loose ends in
Text::CSV_XS, and tried to summarize that (in no particular order) in
the new TODO list. Here "TODO" gives no guarantee that it will be done,
nor on any implementation or API that it might suggest, it is there now
just so I/we do not forget to think about these issues.

I'd like to get thoughts/feedback/suggestions about items on this list,
and how valuable you consider adding these features to a modules so
heavily used by other applications.

Oooo, how exciting!  Text::CSV_XS is a great module with some rather
unfortunate problems.

My number one problem is that binary-mode deals exceptionally badly
with the \r character.  You can read all about it here, including a
patch for part of the problem:

   http://use.perl.org/~samtregar/journal/31443

In my fantasy world Text::CSV_XS would automatically accept "\r", "\n"
and "\r\n" as line-ending characters with no user-interaction
necessary.  I went into the source hoping to do it but I came away
empty-handed.

=item parse returning undefined fields

I like this one too.

Good luck!