i think there is a syscolumns and systables tables that contain that data.

On Jun 26, 2007, at 7:31 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Good morning,

I was given some tables on an Oracle database, but unfortunately I do
not know the field/column names of the table. I've made numerous
attempts to print such a list for a given table, but they never seem
to work. I've been trying SQL queries such as:

SELECT column_name FROM user_tab_cols WHERE table_name =
'mytable'sname'

Sometimes I'm able to get them to run with no errors... yet no result
is produced when I try to print them. I'm not sure if there is some
trick with DBI that I'm overlooking. Any tips would be greatly
appreciated!

Cheers,
Kacey