Samuel_Zheng wrote:
this is the error message, Because it on a Chinese 2003 server and the chinese
is missing some bytes. I cannot read what it says. Does anyone can tell what it
means and suggest things to try?
thanks,
samuel

Software error:
DBI connect('btn','',...) failed: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] uEz
(SQL-42000)(DBD: db_login/SQLConnect err=-1) at C:\web\validate.pl line 130

Can't really tell much from that except it is a 42000 error which is "Syntax error or access violation" and the problem depends on what ODBC API you were calling (probably SQLPrepare/SQLExecDirect). You can find 42000 description at:

http://www.easysoft.com/developer/interfaces/odbc/sqlstate_status_return_codes.html#42000

but I think you are going to have to dig deeper or learn Chinese.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited