On 2007-08-21 22:01:02 -0600, jim wrote:
> The following URL's did the trick on my SuSE 10.2.
> Although the white paper was for the 32 bit version the screens were nearly
> identical for the 64 bit installer.
> Hope this helps anyone out there with similar problems.
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201linuxsoft.html

Nope. That's the 32 bit version. The 64 bit version is at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201linx8664soft.html

Which version did you install?
The database (10201_database_linux_x86_64.cpio.gz)
or the client (10201_client_linux_x86_64.cpio.gz)?

I got the client. It is possible that the directory layouts are somewhat
different and that Makefile.PL can cope with one but not the other.

And as I said, I got it to work, I just needed to add two libraries to
the Makefile manually because Makefile.PL didn't pick them up
automatically. So my mail was supposed to serve two purposes:

* Document the needed tweaks so that other people who want to build
  DBD::Oracle against the 10.2. oracle client don't need to hunt around
  for the correct libraries.

* Inform the maintainers of the needed changes so that they can fix it
  in the next release.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | If I wanted to be "academically correct",
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | I'd be programming in Java.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |   -- Jesse Erlbaum on dbi-users