Hi Jeff,

thanks for your quick response. I thought you were busy, that's why I
always included the DBI-list so bots can index it and everyone can find
the patch.
I don't patch separately - the patches are cumulative, so it's enough to
apply the last patch.

The way using a -CURRENT version from svn sound to a freebie like me
absolutely perfect.
The guys who worked on the improvement were my collegue
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (office) and me (both: private and office). If
you really want to put me in the credits, please use [EMAIL PROTECTED] - I
don't use my mail-server for the moment but if you give me several weeks
to fix it, I'll get it up and running before christmas ;)

Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards

Jens Rehsack

Fa. Manß & Partner
Phone: +49 - 214 - 30 - 46 193
Fax: +49 - 214 - 30 - 31 625
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.BayerBBS.com

Geschäftsführung: Vorsitzender Andreas Resch   |   Arbeitsdirektor Norbert
Fieseler
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Klaus Kühn
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Leverkusen   |   Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 49895

Jeff Zucker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12.10.2007 10:01

An
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kopie
Jeff Zucker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED], dbi-users@perl.org,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thema
Re: Next patch for SQL::Statement

Hi Jens,

Thank you for all the work you have put in to SQL::Statement, it sounds
like great work. I have known for a long time that the joins could be
improved and I'm glad that you did it.   I'm unfortunately at a very
busy time personally - with two major site launches coming up this month
and next so I have almost no time to keep up with working on my
modules.  I'd like to include your patches and make a CPAN release as
quickly as I can.  Realistically it may be several weeks before I have
time to do any real testing.  To get some feedback quicker, I think what
I will do is put the new version on perl.svn.org and then tell people on
the DBI list and perlmonks (which may actually get more feedback) to try
out your changes by downloading the SVN version.  Then I will test when
I can and presumably move the SVN version to CPAN.  Does that sound like
a good way to proceed?

Just to check - If I patch 1.15 with your three patches, will I then end
up with the version you have been using and testing?

I will want to thank you formally in the changes file when I make the
release so please let me know how you would like the credits listed - if
there are several people involved, if your company should or should not
be credited, if you want your email listed, etc.

Thanks again for all the work.

--
Jeff