Hi Ron,

Ron Savage schrieb:
Robert Roggenbuck wrote:

Hi Robert

Looking at the code and the first error msg you got:
YOU ARE MISSING REQUIRED MODULES: [ ]
makes me suspect the method you are using to test the module.
Are you using 'The Mantra' of standard commands? Something like:
As I said in my firs message I did the downloading, unzipping etc. via 'perl -MCPAN...' - which should include the correct Mantra. But lets have a look, what going on if I do it maually:

shell>gunzip DBD-CSV-0.22.tar.gz
shell>tar -xvf DBD-CSV-0.22.tar
DBD-CSV-0.22/
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/40numrows.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/mSQL.dbtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/dbdadmin.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/README
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/pNET.mtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/50commit.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/CSV.dbtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/50chopblanks.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/mSQL.mtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/Adabas.dbtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/mysql.dbtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/40bindparam.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/csv.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/40nulls.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/mSQL1.dbtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/Adabas.mtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/pNET.dbtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/mSQL1.mtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/30insertfetch.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/40listfields.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/mysql.mtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/00base.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/CSV.mtest
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/ak-dbd.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/lib.pl
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/10dsnlist.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/40blobs.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/skeleton.test
DBD-CSV-0.22/t/20createdrop.t
DBD-CSV-0.22/MANIFEST
DBD-CSV-0.22/lib/
DBD-CSV-0.22/lib/DBD/
DBD-CSV-0.22/lib/DBD/CSV.pm
DBD-CSV-0.22/lib/Bundle/
DBD-CSV-0.22/lib/Bundle/DBD/
DBD-CSV-0.22/lib/Bundle/DBD/CSV.pm
DBD-CSV-0.22/META.yml
DBD-CSV-0.22/ChangeLog
DBD-CSV-0.22/MANIFEST.SKIP
DBD-CSV-0.22/Makefile.PL
DBD-CSV-0.22/README
shell>cd DBD-CSV-0.22
shell>perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for DBD::CSV
shell>make
cp lib/Bundle/DBD/CSV.pm blib/lib/Bundle/DBD/CSV.pm
cp lib/DBD/CSV.pm blib/lib/DBD/CSV.pm
Manifying blib/man3/Bundle::DBD::CSV.3
Manifying blib/man3/DBD::CSV.3
shell>perl -I lib t/20createdrop.t
1..5
ok 1
Can't locate DBI object method "list_tables" via package "DBD::Adabas::db" at t/CSV.dbtest line 94.

Show us the output of all these commands...
There they are. I get the message 'YOU ARE MISSING REQUIRED MODULES' only if I say just 'perl t/20createdrop.t' - I did not know that I need to include 'lib' before executing the tests manually.

So the question remains: Why are the 'blueprint tests' triggered in my case. Or better (looking at Your test result, where 20createdrop.t succeeds and is not skipped): Why are they make troubles in my special case? Could it be that they are looking for an Adabas installation and behave different if there is one?

Best regards

Robert