On 10/28/07, Nicholas Veeser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> First, is this the right place to ask questions about compiling
> DBD::Oracle?

Strictly no -- it should be in [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am having trouble building with DBD-Oracle 1.19

> Against the stock perl in Solaris 10, I get an error that looks like this:
> --------------
> LD_RUN_PATH="/oracle/product/9.2.0.7/lib32:/oracle/product/9.2.0.7/rdbms/lib32"
> cc  -G Oracle.o  dbdimp.o  oci8.o cc  -Xa  -xstrconst -xF    -xarch=v8
> -xchip=ultra -W2,-AKNR_S -W2,-Rglobal_hoist  -Wc,-Qdelay-speculate
> -Wc,-Qdepgraph-safe_spec_load=3  -W2,-Rloop -errtags=yes  -v -K PIC
> -L/opt/SUNWcluster/lib
> -R/opt/SUNWcluster/lib  -L/oracle/product/9.2.0.7/rdbms/lib32/
> -L/oracle/product/9.2.0.7/lib32/    -lclntsh `cat
> /oracle/product/9.2.0.7/lib32/ldflags`   `cat
> /oracle/product/9.2.0.7/lib32/sysliblist` -R/oracle/product/9.2.0.7/lib32
> -laio  -lposix4 -lkstat -lm  -lthread -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so
> ld: fatal: file cc: open failed: No such file or directory
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
> blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
> `blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so'
> ---------------
>

> So it seems that the perl Makefile.PL is putting "cc" on the ld
> commandline and ld is trying to open cc.  That seems odd.

Did you build this Perl?  Do you have a Sun C compiler on the machine?

Building shared objects with the C compiler is common practice many places
and standard practice on Solaris.

The most usual problems people have is that they do not have a Sun C
compiler on the machine at all, or they only have /usr/ucb/cc (which is
found but doesn't compile anything).  The fix is to get the Sun C compiler
-- or rebuild Perl with GCC (and have GCC on the machine), or obtain a Perl
build with GCC.

It shows up in OTHERLDFLAGS. So when I edit the Makefile that is created to

--
Jonathan Leffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2007.0914 - http://dbi.perl.org