Hi,

at first it is not necessary to say "use DBI::DBD". You name the driver in the call of DBI->connect(). Regarding the syntax error it would be worth to see some more lines before line 23. May be a missing ';' in line 22?

Regards

Robert

didik kustriant schrieb:
Hi, i'm newbie in perl programing
  I have some problem when installing squid2mysql, the problem occur when
starting squid:
  #service squid start
Starting squid: "use" not allowed in expression at /var/log/squid//squid2mysql
line 23, at end of line
  syntax error at /var/log/squid//squid2mysql line 23, near "use DBI"
  BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/var/log/squid//squid2mysql line 24.
FAILED]
  if we see the script in /var/log/squid//squid2mysql
line 23: use DBI;
line 24: use DBI::DBD;
  How I supposed do to solve this problem?
Must I upgrade my DBI version?, my DBI version is DBI-1.14 which included in
squid2mysql package delivery?
thanks alot guys
best regards
Didi