You can try the -w or anything else you fancy it will not help. As Peter said
it is plain and simple. You change your Oracle Database client you will have to
recompile DBD::Oracle.

Sorry this is just the nature of the beast no way around it.

Just as an aside there is usually no gain in speed (or anything else for that
matter really) in updating the Oracle drivers.

John Scoles

Discover new ways to stay in touch with Windows Live! Visit the City @ Live
today!
http://getyourliveid.ca/?icid=LIVEIDENCA006