On Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 04:53:36PM +0100, Tim Bunce wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 11:55:53AM +0200, Mark Lawrence wrote:
> > After hours of googling and testing I'm down to you guys as my last
> > resort. I have an issue that results in execute() failing with the
> > error:
> >
> >   not an error(21) at dbdimp.c line 376
>
> > The test script below brings out the problem, everywhere except my
> > development environment. I get the same problem if I
> > use prepare() instead of prepare_cached().
> >
> > Would really appreciate it if someone can duplicate this, especially
> > against a target other than DBD::SQLite (that's all I'm able to try at
> > the moment). Any ideas before I start submitting bugs to RT?
>
> I believe it's an error from DBD::SQLite
>
> Google http://www.google.com/search?q=sqlite+error+%2B21 suggests
> http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=LibraryRoutineCalledOutOfSequence

And/or maybe http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=9792 and
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=30558.

With the one-line patch to DBD::SQLite that's in ticket 30558 things
work again for me. I guess Debian had patched this long ago so I didn't
see the failure until the CPAN testers started sending in reports. What
an extremely useful service to module authors...

Although until Matt releases a new version I'm kinda stuck. Can't go
round patching everybodys machines.

Mark.
--
Mark Lawrence