From: Christian Merz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Dunston Rocks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: dbi-users@perl.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:50:57 AM
Subject: Re: OCIEnvNlsCreate error with DBD::Oracle 1.21 and Oracle 10g client
in Cygwin

Hello Dunston,

in my test script i set:

$ENV{ORACLE_SID}        = "ORCL";
$ENV{ORACLE_HOME}       = "/path/to/oracle/home";
$ENV{NLS_LANG}          = "AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8DEC";
              # or "GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P15";
$ENV{ORA_NLS}           = $ENV{ORACLE_HOME} . "/ocommon/nls/admin/data";
$ENV{PATH}              = $ENV{ORACLE_HOME} . "/bin:/usr/bin";
$ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH}   = $ENV{ORACLE_HOME} . "/lib";

In Oracle10 you should replace NLS_LANG by s'thing like:
$ENV{ORA_NLS10}         = '/oracle/product/10.2.0/nls/data';

cu, Christian