Hi all,

I've configured many a server in my life, but have this odd issue lately:

080428 14:45:47 [Warning] Aborted connection 3185826 to db: 'xxxx' user: 'xxxxx' host: 'dbserverxxx' (Got an error reading communication packets)

This is pretty much stock mod_perl setup, even using Apache::DBI.

I still have two boxes giving me this problem, whereas I have been able to get rid of this message on my other servers by changing my usage of "connect_cached" to just "connect" (Apache::DBI should give me connection caching). Problem went away on those servers just by doing that, but remains on the other two, despite the switch.

What other settings, factors might contribute to this?

Thanks in advance to thoughts/opinions.

regards,

Patrick

--
Patrick Galbraith, Senior Programmer Grazr - Easy feed grazing and sharing http://www.grazr.com
Satyam Eva Jayate - Truth Alone Triumphs