On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Bruce Johnson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is anything 'baked-in' from the oracle environment to a DBD:Oracle install
> at the time of installation?
>
> I'm having some weird problems involving linked databases that MAY be
> related to the oracle client libraries version; can I change the libraries
> that DBD:Oracle uses just by changing LD_LIBRRY_PATH and ORACLE_HOME?

DBD::Oracle is compiled against whatever version of libraries exist at
compile time.
The same libraries must exist on the machine where you use DBD::Oracle.

If the same libraries exist in a different place, it can depend. On
HP, I found that
'chatr Oracle.sl' (Oracle.sl being the Oracle shared library somewhere
under @INC) did not have
dynamic path search enabled (so the library had to always be in the
same place), but
you could change that with the chatr command. I don't know how to do that
on any other system or if chatr is at all portable.

HTH,
Doug