On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:18 PM, McCoy, Dennis <dennis.mc...@delphi.com> wrote:

> I am using perl on a HP/UX system which is managed by another group who
> has root access. I have no such access on this server.
>
> I tried compling DBD::Oracle on HP/UX, but the POSIX compliant C
> compiler on that system complained that the command line options were
> for ANSI C. I requested the group which manages the

What system was perl compiled on? And what compiler
did they use?
You normally want aCC (my perl -V says CC='cc' but cc is the same as
the softbench aCC compiler on my system).

Your perl was likely not compiled with the bundled
compiler, and you need a different compiler (or get
someone with a compiler to compile for you).
Or there are HP binaries available here (compiled w/gcc):
http://mirrors.develooper.com/hpux/

Also I documented my HP compiling adventures here:
http://use.perl.org/~runrig/journal/35908

HTH,
Douglas Wilson