Actually it does support varray types since 1.20 (at least for select)

http://search.cpan.org/~pythian/DBD-Oracle-1.22/Oracle.pm#Object_&_Collection_Data_Types

You can select them all you want. I have not yet added support for inserts and updates and that is handled by psql better than the hay that DBI with DBD::Oracle would do it

In the trunk version of DBD::Oracle it can also load the Varray into Perl object rather than an ref array

Udo Grabowski wrote:
Still dbi::Oracle does not support Oracle varray types. Any plans
to implement this ? Or does anybody know another perl connector
module that supports this type ? We still only can use the java
jdbc connectors which have support for that odd speciality.