From: Martin Evans [mailto:martin.ev...@easysoft.com]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 1:02 PM
To: Stricker, Scott E (IS)
Cc: dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: Re: unable to write from a select into outfile

Stricker, Scott E (IS) wrote:
> All:
>
> I'm running on a windows XP box with latest MS updates,
> ActiveState perl (v5.10.0 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread)
> DBI (1.607)
> DBD-ODBC (1.21)
> SQL Server 2005 (SP3)
>
> Seems like all of a sudden queries against my database are not
returning
> the correct data.  First noticed when executing a query like
> Select a, b, c from vtbl where a like 'test%'
>
> And nothing was returned.  I've got a record where a is 'test.'
>
> After playing with that for a while, for example trying select a,b,c
> from vtbl where a='test.', I tried select a,b,c from vtbl where a like
> 'a%' and got back 9 out of 8013 expected records.  Most of the records
> that I did not get back have embedded periods or single quotes or
> dashes.
>
> Note that the same queries executed in the sql server enterprise
manager
> and sqlcmd return the correct results.
> Also, I have not tried with earlier versions of dbd-odbc yet.
>
> Any light that can be shed on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> E. Scott Stricker
> Senior Software Engineer
> Northrop Grumman - Information Systems - C2SD
> MailStop 4S02
> 2340 Dulles Corner Blvd.
> Herndon, VA 20171
> 703-561-3671
> 703-713-1601 (fax)

If you enable a DBI trace at level 15 and send it to me I'll take a
look. It would also be good if you can add the following to the start of
your test script as it enables extra logging that would be useful:

use DBD::ODBC;
DBI->trace(DBD::ODBC->parse_trace_flags('odbcconnection|odbcunicode'));

Perhaps you could explain what you mean by "all of a sudden". Before
this happened what was happening correctly with what versions?

Martin
- --
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited