Hello

1) By adding sid=xxxx in the DSN, you should be able to point to the correct
SID.
So in your case :
my $DSN = 'driver={Microsoft ODBC for
Oracle};server=10.1.6.9:1521;sid=XXXXXX;uid=oradbuser;pwd=oradbpassword;';

2) You should not use "Microsoft ODBC for Oracle" that is a very old driver,
that perhaps works for Oracle 7 or 8.
If you already installed Oracle InstantClient SQLPLUS package, then I would
recommend you to download the components : Basic and ODBC and extract them in
the same folder as sqlplus.
Then follow instructions in README files and specially in
"ODBC_IC_Readme_Win.html" file so that you should be able to use the driver
provide by ODBC instantclient package. It should be something like "Oracle in
instantclient_xx_y"

Best Regards
Pascal