Hi,

What did you set as ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH during your compilation? Did you not do a make test? Where did you install the full oracle client (oracle_home setting)? Is the ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1 read-able by the user running the script?

Michael

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, MANGISETTY, Tilak wrote:

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:44:53 +0100
From: "MANGISETTY, Tilak" <tilak.mangise...@oup.com>
To: dbi-users@perl.org
Cc: tim.bu...@pobox.com
Subject: Errors Installing
Hi,

Does DBD-Oracle-1.14.tar.gz supports Oracle 10g
10201_client_linux_x86_64, I have installed this tar file on my Linux
Operating System which running RHEL 5.4, perl version 5.8.8.
Extracted the files then done the following things from the command line
1. perl Makefile.pl
2. make
3. make install

I am getting the following error

Can't load
'/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Ora
cle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory at
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at lib//allscripts.pm line 225
Compilation failed in require at lib//allscripts.pm line 225.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at lib//allscripts.pm line 225.
Compilation failed in require at editorial.pl line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at editorial.pl line 27.

I will be very thankful if any one can help me out.

Regards,

TILAK MANGISETTY
Operations Analyst
Information Technology Service Delivery
Oxford University Press,
Oxford, UK,  0X2 6DP
Tel: +44(0)1865353854
Mobile:+44(0)7733000703
E-mail:tilak.mangise...@oup.com

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents
to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only.
OUP does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any
views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of OUP. If
this email has come to you in error, please delete it, along with any
attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email
communications.

--
                ---//---
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.
        --- Benjamin Franklin

A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost