Charles Jardine wrote:
> On 07/10/09 12:23, John Scoles wrote:
>> could be a bug
>>
>> I would try the latest Trunk version of DBD::Oracle  there were
>> some fixes put in there to the Object model way back in July.
>>
>> you can find it at
>>
>> http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-oracle/trunk
>
> Sadly this doesn't fix the problem. It does, however, change the
> symptom. Rather than a segfault, I am now getting
>
> OCI-21500: internal error code, arguments: [kocgpn129], [2], [], [],
> [], [], [], []
>
> which matches Martin Evans's report.

I should have mentioned I am almost running the trunk version - sorry. I
am running an up to date trunk with some other patches.

> I have narrowed the problem down to a single line of code - in the
> trunk it is line 1837 of oci8.c, which reads
>
> OCITypeByRef_log_stat(fbh->imp_sth->envhp,fbh->imp_sth->errhp,type_ref,&tdo,status);
>

> Beyond that, I am out of my depth.

and it kills valgrind dead!

>> I will see if I ever get any free time in the near future if I can
>> get 1.24 (the Beer) with a fix for this out by Christmas
>
> I would be more than happy to test release candidates for 1.24.

As I always am too :-)

In fact I have 4 open issues:

49818   Support binding of integers so they are returned as IVs
46763   RowCacheSize is being ignored slowing down fetches a lot
46438   Errors returned by procedures are not unicode strings
46998   Why is RowCacheSize limited to 128

of which I believe the last 3 are now all sorted in subversion and 49818
is an enhancement. What could I do to help accelerate a 1.24 release?

>> Charles Jardine wrote:

>>> [details snipped - see original post]

>>> My tests were run on the server, using the bequeather. I have
>>> just reproduced it using a local TNS style connection. In bot
>>> cases the server and client are using the same ORACLE_HOME. There
>>> is no version mismatch
>>>
>>> I forgot to mention that the script works correctly with
>>> $dbh->{ora_objects} set to 0. This leads me to believe that the
>>> problem is probably in DBD::Oracle itself.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited