On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Praveen <praveen...@in.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi Allan,
>
> Check if your DB2INSTANCE environment variable is set correctly to the
> instance name to over come this error.

I don't have an instance on the client machine, do i need the one on the server?

> Given that you have no need for
> a local db on your client machine, you can use the the IBM Data Server
> Driver for ODBC CLI package, a small foot print DB2 client (aprox 20
> MB) to connect to your DB2 server.

The docs state that this is not used for application development. Does
this package still contain the needed headers to compile DBD::DB2?

> How to setup IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC CLI:
>
> 1) Download the package suitable for you platform and the architecture
> for which perl is built (32/64 bit).

I only see a v 9.7 package, but our db is 9.1, is this a problem?

> 2) Untar the tar ball downloaded. Say it is placed in directory (/home/
> user/clidriver)
>
> 3) set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the lib directory
> in the location above
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/clidriver/lib
>
> 4) Now run you test case using un-cataloged connection
>
> Let me know if you require more information

Do I still need the DB2INSTANCE var with this driver? If so, it should
be the instance on the server?

allan