I had some problem installing DBD::Informix on a particular HPUX 11.31
host, though it worked on other supposedly identical machines. I would
document the solution for the archives/google:

The driver builds, but most tests fail. The error message is
interesting, the linker is complaining about missing symbol db_print.
Sure enough:

working host# nm blib/arch/auto/DBD/Informix/Informix.so | grep db_print
(no output)

broken host# nm blib/arch/auto/DBD/Informix/Informix.so | grep db_print
[394]    |                     0|       0|FUNC |GLOB |0|   UNDEF|db_print

But, earlier in the log was a single error about:

warning 922: "-Ae" is unsupported in the bundled compiler

And that was the clue- HPUX ships with a brain-dead compiler, and the
'Ansi C Compiler' is an extra cost option. aCC was installed on this
machine, but the /usr/bin/cc symlink still pointed at the bundled
compiler. Once I fixed that and recompiled, DBD::Informix worked.

allan