Try RMI::Client::ForkedPipes. Have the child process use one lib, and the parent use the other. The child can give back with one DBI/DBD, and the parent can produce handles from the other.

This is effectively the proxy solution, but you're just forking and proxying to a private sub-process you created.

(Full disclosure: I wrote the RMI modules. If they break for you please email me.)

Scott

jeff wrote:
You make an incorrect assumption :-(
Not trying to fool anyone or hide my identity, just hoping for further
input.
If you don't want to answer, then don't - but there is no need to be
nasty about it.  You shouldn't view people so negatively.

As it turns out, the proxyserver is not a solution  and database links
are not an option - Not allowed to create.