On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:39 AM, newbie01 perl <newbie01.p...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks to your response. Send to the DBI user group as this group is more
> likely to know about what sqlplus may be.

Using sqlplus from within Perl is always an ugly proposition.
I've done, others have done it, it's always ugly.

Undoubtedly I have purged any such scripts from my directories
and only the painful memories linger.

Install DBI, make it all work, and either don't tell the PHB or ask for
forgiveness later.
If you won't do that, then you should probably skip Perl altogether for this
task.

If you want advice on how to use sqlplus in both linux and windows, there
is a better forum for that:  http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com