Looks like you are trying to 'run' a DBD::Oracle that was compiled against the
11.2 client against the 10.2 client??

Or the path to the 11.2 client is somehere in you enviornment perhaps the PATH

or the client .so files have permission setting that do not allow you to
execute them

Are you trying to install or just use DBD::ORacle??

cheers

> Subject: question on how a path/directory is picked up
> Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:03:07 -0400
> From: pwamp...@acttoday.com
> To: dbi-users@perl.org
> CC: pwamp...@acttoday.com
>
> I am still battling this problem
>

> install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
> '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBD/Oracle/
> Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle:
> /usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/lib/libocci.so.11.1: cannot restore segment
> prot after reloc: Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
>
> at (eval 3) line 3
>
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 3) line 3.
>
> Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
>

> My question now is: where/how does perl pick up the directory
> /usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/lib in the above error?
>

> I have my Oracle Home set to a 10.2 directory as well as my
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>

> echo $ORACLE_HOME
>
> /usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client
>
> [r...@actjcmysql dba]# echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> /usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.3/client/lib
>
> [r...@actjcmysql dba]#
>

> Thanks in advance for your help
>

> Pam Wampler

Videos that have everyone talking! Now also in HD!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9724465