According to Bruce Sears <bse...@epgy.stanford.edu> on Thu, 05/27/10 at 18:41:

> One difference with what I did is that mine determines if the mod is a
> core mod and does not list it, if so.  I was trying to parse through all
> of our homegrown packages and see what non-core mods (and versions) they
> depended on.  didn't spend a lot of time making it prettier, so some
> calls were system calls to start perl within perl (seems yucky) and
> parsing STDOUT response, but it seemed to do the job, so it remained
> ugly...  I agree with Dave about the fact that your setup should not
> need to be "CPAN compliant" in order for you to still get the dependeny
> list you want if you use CPAN::FindDependencies.

Pardon me for being dense, but when you say "what I did" and "mine"
what are you referring to.  That is, which solution or which "trick"
should I go back and re-consider?  I have seen so many suggestions
in the past half-hour that my head is spinning!  :-)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Email: w...@umich.edu