Sumit Sharma wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to invoke one perl script from another. The called perl
> sript name is build.pl and is defined as below..
> build.pl
> **********
> main();
> sub main
> {
>   my $retval = check();
>   print $retval;
>   return $retval;
> }
> check() is a subroutine that returns either a zero or 1 based on whether
> a file exists or not. The print $retval correctly prints the result.
> Now, the calling perl script is build1.pl which invokes build.pl in the
> following way...
> build1.pl
> ***********
> main();
> sub main
> {
>   print "Calling build.pl\n";
>   my $result = system("build.pl");
>   print "build.pl returned $result, $?\n";
> }
> In build1.pl, the output shows up as build.pl returned 0, 0. I
> understand the second variable is zero since system command worked
> properly. But, why is first variable ($result) zero even though build.pl
> returns 1 from within its main subroutine.
> Is there any problem with above code I guess something is wrong in
> build.pl main subroutine, any suggestions..??
>
> Thanks

This post has nothing to do with Perl DBI and is therefore off topic for
the dbi-users mailing list so please take your query somewhere else
(e.g., perlmonks or stackoverflow). Also, just because I answered one of
your posts on this list in the past, it does not mean I want to hear
about every problem you have so please don't mail me directly.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited