On 04/08/10 19:27, LK wrote:
> In the process of moving from centos 4 to a centos 5 machine one
> script stopped working. I distilled it down to this problem :

[snip]

> my $q = qq/
>   SELECT
>               (2+3),
>         cursor(select 2+3 from dual),
>         cursor(select 3+3 from dual)
>         FROM table where rownum < 10
> /;

[snip]

I am the author of the code in DBD::Oracle which supports nested cursors.
I am trying to reproduce your problem.

THE SQL statement quoted above cannot be exactly what you are using, because
'table' is a reserved word. If I substitute 'dual' for 'table', I get the
expected results.

Can you let us know whether your problem can be reproduced with 'dual' as the
FROM clause. If not, can you tell us what, if anything, is special about the
actual FROM clause in your test.

--
Charles Jardine - Computing Service, University of Cambridge
c...@cam.ac.uk    Tel: +44 1223 334506, Fax: +44 1223 334679