Hello,

I have a question regarding DBI.pm and hoping you will be able to help me
with an answer. Issue is with the DBI module for Perl, v5.6.1 built for
MSWin32-x86-multi-thread on Windows 2003. I am getting a syntax error: Can't
locate DBI.pm in @INC. I checked the directories in @INC array and both the
directories (C:\Perl\lib and C:\Perl\Site\lib) seem to miss DBI.pm. I also
did the search in parent directory c:\Perl but could not find DBI.pm
anywhere. Could be that DBI.pm module never got installed or got deleted by
some other user accidentally.

Can you please suggest how can I fix this problem? Do I need to install DBI
module again and if that is the case which version would it be and where can
I install it from? Or better would be installing absolute new version of
Perl?

*Also, following is what I tried in command line to install but didn't work:
*

PPM> install dbi
Install package 'dbi?' (y/N): y
Installing package 'dbi'...
Downloading
http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.6/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/
DBI-1.48.tar.gz ...
Error installing package 'dbi': Error reading
http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPack
ages/5.6/MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/DBI-1.48.tar.gz

*Version of Perl:*

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Documents and Settings\mgupta>perl -v
Copyright 1987-2001, Larry Wall
Binary build 638 provided by ActiveState Corp.
http://www.ActiveState.com<http://www.activestate.com/>
ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
Built Apr 13 2004 19:24:21
Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.
this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

 Thanks much in advance for being so kind to help. I will appreciate a
response back.

--
Kind Regards,

Mayank Gupta