Installing dbd oracle on any version AIX has always been problematic.
Usually you have to rebuild your perl with the exact same version of
compiler that compiled the perl.

If you are using the Perl that comes with AIX that may be hard to do.

As well there are always 64-32 bit issues.

Can you post what happens on the perl Makefile.PL

Cheers
John

--
The best compliment you could give Pythian for our service is a referral.