On Feb 21, 2011, at 11:20 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2011, at 11:11 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>
>> On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:55 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>>
>>> Figured it out.
>>>
>>> The second ldap query did not return all the attributes I was looking for,
>>> and when it returned no value for that attribute, the bind variable wasn't
>>> populated, leading to the mismatch between expected and actual. The error
>>> is correct.
>>>
>>> The error MESSAGE, however contained the last known value for that number
>>> bind variable, which may be a bug.
>>
>> I wasn't quite correct, the error message actually lists the parameter
>> values of the last successful insert statement.
>>
>> Here is a test script that demonstrates the problem.
>
> Here is a somewhat clearer one that tells you what data we're trying to
> insert:

> #!/usr/bin/perl
> use DBI;
>
> $login="pharmmail";
> $dbpass="

Ever have one of those days? My year has been like that so far...:-(

forgot to scrub the 'better version' of actual account info.

schema password changed, please forget you ever saw this :-/

(this oracle user only has access to a handful of tables on a db that cannot be
reached from the outside without authentication, and is used on a web script
that also cannot be reached from the outside without authentication..as
security breaches go, this was about as good as it gets.)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona