On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 19:47, Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com> wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from david_st...@mcafee.com -----
>
> Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 18:40:11 -0700
> From: david_st...@mcafee.com
> To: tim.bu...@pobox.com
> Subject: Perl DBI on Mac OS X
>
>   [...] I am new to Perl DBI. I have it working fine on my Windows 7 box.
>
>   I have installed the module on Ubuntu and tried running the same test
> script but get a connection error:

Your subject line says 'MacOS X'; your comment here says 'Ubuntu'.  AFAIK,
those are not synonyms.

Which platform are you actually having the problems on?

>   DBI connect('Driver={SQL Server};Server=[dsn];Database=[db]','[pwd]',...)
> failed: [iODBC][Driver
>   Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded (SQL-IM003) [state was IM003
> now 00000]
>
>   [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen({SQL Server}, 6): image not found
> (SQL-00000) at testDBI.pl line 14
>
>   Can't connect to DBI:ODBC:Driver={SQL Server};Server=[dsn];Database=[db]:
> [iODBC][Driver
>   Manager]Specified driver could not be loaded (SQL-IM003) [state was IM003
> now 00000]
>
>   [iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen({SQL Server}, 6): image not found
> (SQL-00000) at testDBI.pl line 14.
>
>   Do I need to install another module? Or configure ODBC?

Can you write a pure ODBC program that connects to your database?  If so,
what DSN do you use to connect?
If not, concentrate on configuring ODBC correctly.  Do you have an ODBC
driver for your DBMS installed?

Is your DBMS running on your Ubuntu (MacOS X) box or out on a Windows box?

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leff...@gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - http://dbi.perl.org