Jeff,

The following perl script is used to connect to SQL server database using
DBI and DBD::ODBC modules.

*my *$dbh = DBI->*connect*("DBI:ODBC:Driver={SQL
Server};Server=$db_instance;Database=$db_name;UID=$db_user;PWD=$db_pass") or
*die*("\n\nCONNECT ERROR:\n\n$DBI::errstr");

I used the same syntax to connect to Teradata but I couldn't connect.

I have Installed the cli, teragss, and tdicu Teradata software packages on
my local machines on windows.

I edited windows etc/hosts file and added hostname and ip address entries.

But I receive the following error. Any ehlp is appreciated.

DBI
connect('Driver={Teradata};Server=servername;Database=database;UID=userid;PWD=******','',...)
failed: [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver] Not enough information to log on
(SQL-28000) at Teradata_test.pl line 46

Thanks,

Vineel Kota