Short answer no.  I would not see any reason why you would need to install the
instance client as well.

In the long run it depends on what you are doing.  If you are going to use perl
for only loacal access then no need for the instanct cleint.  If you want to
use Perl for say connecting via a web server or alike using the instant client
may be what you want.

In the end what do you want to do??

Cheers
John