Dear all,

firts of all, I have already looked up this error on the net and I
have found some, quite obvious, hints ⁽¹⁾ but they unfortunately don't
help.

The problem is Apache::AuthDBI uses method is_initial_req from the
Apache2::RequestUtil package but this method is not recognized as a
method of the Apache2::RequestUtil package.

Actually, Apache::AuthDBI does *require* Apache2::RequestUtil, at
least for mod_perl2, which is what I am using.

The offendine line is n. 217 in AuthDBI.pm:

216    return MP2 ? Apache2::Const::OK() : Apache::Constants::OK()
217        unless $r->is_initial_req; # only the first internal request

When I use DBI for authentication my Apache yelds:

    Can't locate object method "is_initial_req" via package "Apache::AuthDBI"
at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache/AuthDBI.pm line 217

So I tried to call the method explicitly, adding to AuthDBI.pm:

    use Apache2::RequestUtil qw(is_initial_req);

and/or:

    unless $r->Apache2::RequestUtil::is_initial_req;

but in this case Apache said:

    Can't locate object method "is_initial_req" via package
"Apache2::RequestUtil" at /usr/lib/perl5/Apache/AuthDBI.pm line 217

Last note: I have been using my same code and DBI authentication for
years with mod_perl1 and everything was OK.

Other information:

 - I'm running on Debian
 - Apache 2.2.22
 - mod_perl2 2.0.7