On 6/26/2013 9:28 AM, Dan Bent wrote:
and the program just hangs when it looks for data sources using the ODBC driver. So, I suspect that there are issues with the ODBC driver. Here are the versions of the various DBI module components:

do you have any non-perl ODBC tools? I suspect (purely on a hunch) that this problem isn't with DBI or Perl, but with the OS level UnixODBC implementation and its configuration. Having never seen or touched an HP-UX system, I can't offer any more suggestions.