On 2013-06-26 14:55:31 -0500, Dan Bent wrote:
> $ strace -o strace.log isql -v prod1 user password
> usage: [ mid sid level] ...

The strace equivalent to strace is called tusc on HP-UX. I have it
installed in /usr/local/bin which implies that I compiled it myself
(almost exactly 10 years ago), but I don't seem to have the source code
any more and don't remember where I got it. Unless one of your co-admins
installed it you'll probably have to google (or duckduckgo or whatever)
for it.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Auf jedem Computer sollte der Satz Ludwigs II
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | eingeprägt stehen: "Ein ewig Rätsel will ich
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |    -- Wolfram Heinrich in desd