On Jan 27, 2014, at 12:04 PM, Alexander Foken <alexan...@foken.de> wrote:

>> I'm running 64 bit Windows and 64 bit Perl. Is it possible the DBD loader is
>> failing because it is trying to load a 32 bit version of the Oracle driver?
>
> Yes. The "bitness" of Perl and the database libraries must match, not only
> for Oracle, but for every database (and every C/C++ library you want to use
> from Perl).
>> [...]
>>
> Try to get a 64 bit Oracle client, or use a 32 bit Perl.

The Oracle Instant Client is very useful for this; you can use both 32-bit and
64-bit Oracle libraries on one system; just install them in different
directories and ensure that the environmental variables are properly set prior
to running the perl code.

I never install the full Oracle client on anything any more.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona