On 12/22/2015 5:36 PM, Donna Cote wrote:
I have perl-DBD-MySQL-4.013-release-3.el6 and Perl 5.10.1 and while I have a user account which can connect to the database at the command prompt, I cannot get the same user (or any user) to connect from within my Perl script. Actually, I succeeded with one connection one time (from within Perl script) on 20-Dec-2015 (Sun Dec 20 22:35:53 CST 2015).

I see your perl program has a bunch of debug print's, but you don't show the actual output from them, nor the contents of your .config file which apparently contains the database connection parameters.

it would also be useful to see the command line you use to successfully connect to this database at the command prompt.