From: tim.bu...@pobox.com [mailto:tim.bu...@pobox.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 4:41 PM
To: John Martel
Cc: tim.bu...@pobox.com; dbi-users@perl.org
Subject: Re: DBI Utility Functions - more documentation?

Hello John.

The DBI::hash function simply returns an integer that hash been derived from a
string by some maths. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function

That kind of 'hash' is (mostly) unrelated to a Perl hash like my %foo; also
known as an associative array.

I've CC'd this to the dbi-users mailing list. If you reply with more details
about what you're trying to achieve then I'm sure you'll get some useful