On 10/9/2017 2:49 PM, Furst, Carl wrote:
I believe you have to go to Oracle to get those.. You can get DBI and even
DBB::Oracle but it won’t build. You won’t have the Oracle C libs to link off
of. You’ll need to install an oracle client library.

as I recall, to use CPAN and build modules that work with the Solaris Perl, you have to have the Sun/Oracle Studio C compiler (formerly called Forte), not GCC, unless you leap through some hoops.

This used to work, but I've not been down these bunny trails for years and years : http://search.cpan.org/~aburlison/Solaris-PerlGcc-1.3/pod/perlgcc.pod ...  you also need to make sure you installed the full oracle developer stuff as part of the client.    at least when I was doing this, it would NOT install as part of the 'server', you had to explicitly do an additional 'client' installation to get the right bunch of stuff.... unless I'm confusing this with Pro*C, something else our old stack required.