> It is not as easy as it could appear. And also in some cases migration
> from MySQL/MariaDB to Pg could be problematic from performance point of
> view. One Pg developer already told us that for our use case is really
> MySQL better then Pg.

Q: What about your use case is more adapted to MySQL?

There is no part of SQL that Pg does not support that MySQL does; there
should not be any serious performance issues with Pg that leave it
slower than MySQL. There are a variety of ways that Pg can be faster
(e.g., partial indexes, exclusion constraints vs. triggers) and will
usually be less error-prone. You may have to refactor some sloppy design
that MySQL allowed but Pg does not, but that is also in your favor.

I really am curious to see any example of something in your database that
can be handled more gracefully in MySQL than well-designed Pg.

--
Steven Lembark                                             3646 Flora Pl
Workhorse Computing                                   St Louis, MO 63110