Hello dbi-users,

I am modifying existing Perl code to use Oracle wallet functionality (Using
alias in tnsnames.ora to connect to database without username and password).
The wallet setup is working fine through sqlplus but am getting the following
error connecting thru perl:

DBI connect('ADW_ADW_DHDEV','',...) failed: ORA-12578: TNS:wallet open failed
(DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin) at /home/adw/scripts/tst_perl_conn.pl line 36.

This is how I am calling the DBI connect routine:
$dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:ADW_ADW_DHDEV','','')

My environment is as below:
Linux RHEL 7.4
Oracle 12.2
DBD::Oracle 1.74

Has anybody in this group faced this or similar issues? Any help will be
appreciated.
Thanks.

-Rajesh Gandhi

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained
therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended
recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your
computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we
do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any
damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to https://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures
relating to European legal entities. We take our data protection and privacy
responsibilities seriously and our privacy notice explains how we collect, use
and share personal information in the course of our business activities. It can
be accessed at the privacy section of www.albridge.com.