I think the following links should cover all the pieces needed for
Perl/JDBC/Oracle

https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/appdev/jdbc.html
https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/DBD-JDBC/JDBC.pod
https://sdkman.io/
Perl can launch the java server using qx:
https://perlmaven.com/qx

This is possibly a tangent:
The last time I dug into this I couldn't figure out how to build DBD::Oracle
from source using a Git source (in place of CPAN)
There is very brief mention the cpanm support for git here
https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/App-cpanminus/bin/cpanm
(search the page for "git" )
There is better documentation (sort of) hidden in the closed issues here -
several uri formats can be used:
https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/App-cpanminus/bin/cpanm
https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus/issues/296
https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus/commit/cf9a72038123a2f721508f17ec8d314cae03245a
https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus/pull/165
https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus/commit/8d82465cc0dde2bd35cd7b454f06f7fba9f205f8
https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus/pull/230
https://github.com/miyagawa/cpanminus/commit/c588cd7f5fa3fa6c9dcc30d1f4c958c4d45680c1

I found two github repos with incidents - the second seems most active
https://github.com/sergadin/dbd-oracle
https://github.com/gitpan/DBD-Oracle

This is also helpful:
https://metacpan.org/pod/DBI#trace
https://metacpan.org/pod/DBI#TRACING

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity named in this transmission. If you are
not the intended recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents of this transmission is
strictly prohibited and that you should delete the contents of this
transmission from your system immediately. Any comments or statements contained
in this transmission do not necessarily reflect the views or position of Radial
or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates.