Hi,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Dave Cross <d...@dave.org.uk> wrote:
> But now, I've gone back and actually _read_ the documentation - and
> everything works fine.
>
> Thanks for your help. I now have a database[1].
> [1] And, perhaps more usefully, no further need to put my DDL in source
> code control :)

Actually, you should. Sure you can always regenerate the DDL when you
need it, but keeping the DDL file inside your repo gives you a view of
what changed at the DDL level, with decent diff's.

The tradeoff is that you might get conflicts if you touch your schema
and DDL file on different branches.

So far, the advantages of seeing how the DDL evolved outweigh the rare conflict.

Also, by keeping all the delta's between versions of the schema, you
get the upgrade scripts, that can even be used by the
DBIx::Class::Schema::Versioned component.

I've attached the script I use to generate the update files.

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo
http://www.simplicidade.org/