My dev environment (and so, my production environment) is based on Centos5, which is 5.8.8 based and I can't upgrade the system's perl without assuming too many risks (for production, that is).

But since all my Perl production apps ship complete with their own perl installation (local::lib), independent from perl system modules, I'm just installing 5.14.0 with perlbrew in a test account, and I'll test again with the new version. It will be long, since I'll have to reinstall all of Catalyst and dependencies.

We'll see, I'll post back my results. If this resolves the issue, I'll happily add perl 5.14.0 to the full-perl-environment my apps ship with.

BTW, thanks for resurrecting a 3 month old thread :-) I had not checked the EOL status of 5.8 and 5.10. And then again: RHEL 6 is based on 5.10, which is also EOL'ed...?

J.

Jorge González Villalonga
Director Técnico

DAIKON Integración y Desarrollo S.L.