On 01/16/2015 11:41 AM, Mitchell Elutovich wrote:
$perl -v
This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for
x86_64-linux-thread-multi

$ perl -MDBIx::Class -le 'print $DBIx::Class::VERSION'
0.082810

Anyone know why I might be now running into this?  I'm not sure how long
this problem has existed and I thought I was originally using the sub
class ok.

This is a new check that was introduced during the 0.0828xx series. It was introduced due to a lot of abuse-cases of the relationship system. Nevertheless in this case it seems like a false positive - i.e. your usage seems valid.

Can you please disable the exception-check in question in
DBIx::Class::ResultSource::_resolve_relationship_condition, and tell me if everything else seems to behave in a sensible manner?

If this is the case - I would have to remove this check going forward.