On 02/26/2015 03:43 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
This bug in DBD::mysql is apparently not going to be fixed:

Before we go further - is there explicit statement from the DBD devs that this is not going to be fixed? Perhaps just forgotten...?

And it appears to work. However, I don't like monkey-patching like that.
Is there a better way that I haven't been able to find in the
DBIx::Class doco?

There isn't an overrideable point exposed for this, because "ugh". Also it never came up until now. Also (as noted in that RT) - this will badly break BLOB operations.

Let's first see whether the DBD is indeed unfixable, before we figure out a way forward.